October Forays Cancelled
In response to the dramatic increase in COVID-19 (coronavirus) cases in Ontario in recent days, the MST's Board of Directors has made the difficult decision to cancel the remainder of the fall foray season in order to help ensure the safety of our members and volunteers.
We know that this is deeply disappointing for all our members, especially new members who have not yet had the chance to participate in a foray.
But the MST isn't going anywhere; at nearly 900 members, we're stronger than ever. We're training a new corps of foray leader volunteers, and we'll be in an excellent position to offer a very strong foray season as soon as it's safe. And we're lining up a great slate of online meetings and courses for the fall and winter.
What can I do?
Want to make the most of your MST membership until the next foray season? Want to help the MST? Here are some ideas:
- Watch your email for announcements about meetings and courses.
- The mushrooms are still out there! Venture out to our foray locations in small safe groups.
- Share what you find in your photo gallery, our Facebook group, or tag @mushroomtoronto in your Instagram photos.
- Get one of the MST's recommended guidebooks and try to identify the specimens you bring home.
- Still not sure what you've got? Post the photo in our identification forum and ask the experts.
Thank you for your continued support of the MST. Great members are what keep us a strong organization. We look forward to seeing you online!