2023 Photo Contest
Due to the success of our Photo Calendar Contest in previous years, we’re going to give it another go this year!
We had some great entries last time, and hope to do even better this year. Get those cameras out early and get snapping! This year’s deadline will be October 31, 2023.
We ask that you submit your photographs as digital JPEG files (most common file types used by digital cameras), in as high a resolution as you can provide. Also, the preferable format for photos is “landscape”, or widescreen format, commonly used in most calendars.
MST Photo Calendar Contest Rules
- Contest is open to all MST members in good standing. MST Directors and Contest judges are not eligible to enter competition.
- Photos of any and all species of the kingdom Fungi are acceptable for submission.
- There is a limit of three entries per member; a separate email shall be sent for each entry.
- All entries shall be accompanied by name and contact information of the photographer. (Include location and identification if available).
- Photographs shall be submitted in digital JPEG format, with higher resolutions more desirable, as well as “landscape” format to fit the layout.
- Electronic filename of each photo shall be in the following format: Name of submitter-Species name.jpg (For example: John Smith-Boletus edulis.jpg). Species name is optional, if not known.
- Submitter verifies they are the true original owner of any photos submitted and shall be given credit for the entry, and all photographs submitted shall remain property of the original owner.
- MST shall be granted the right to use and publish photos in calendar or other format, promotional material, website, etc.
- No fees or royalties shall be paid for submissions. At least twelve winning photographs shall be selected, and each winning member shall receive a free copy of calendar.
- All decisions of the judging panel are final.
- By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these competition rules and regulations.
- Deadline for all photo submissions is 11:59 pm, Tuesday, October 31, 2023!